~ From top: Lamb chops on the BBQ, Perfectly Grilled Chops,
(Re)creation plated and ready to be devoured ~
Serves 4 (generously)
Ingredients for lamb:
- 2 8-rib racks of lamb, trimmed and cut into single rib chops
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt
- 2 lemons, cut in wedges
- Fresh Oregano springs for garnish, optional
Ingredients for potatoes:
- 3 large Yukon Gold potatoes, each peeled and cut lengthwise into 6 wedges
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and ground pepper
Ingredients for Kokkari Dressing:
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp capers, rinsed and minced
- 2 tsp minced shallets
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- (Optional: bunch of arugula)
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Put the potatoes wedges in a large bowl and toss thoroughly with olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
Arrange the wedges in one layer a non-reactive baking dish.
Drizzle with lemon juice and 1/2 cup of water around (not on) the potatoes.
Bake for 20 minutes, then rotate the pan and bake for another 20 minutes (or until potatoes are browned and the water has evaporated.
Remove from heat and let cool for at least 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat grill on high (for lamb).
Put the lamb chops on a work surface and pound with your fist until it is evenly thick.
Combine the garlic powder, pepper, and oregano in a small bowl.
Press the seasoning blend on both sides of the meat, including the meat on the bones.
Before grilling, drizzle olive oil on the seasoned chops, using your fingers to coat the meat evenly. Season with salt.
Grill the chops, turning once, for about 3 minutes on each side (for medium rare).
While the chops are cooking, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
Squeeze 2 lemon halves over the chops before taking them off the grill.
Serve the chops hot with a side of potatoes and a bunch of arugula (optional), all drizzled with dressing.
Garnish with lemon wedges and oregano sprigs.
Kali orexi (enjoy)
200 Jackson Street
San Francisco, CA