- 1/3 cup marcona almonds, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 1/2 cups ciabatta, torn and crusts removed
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 tomatillos, husked and sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 jalapeños, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- kosher salt
-Whisk together the vinegar, lime juice, yogurt, and 1/2 cup oil in a bowl.
-Add the bread, cucumber, bell pepper, tomatillos, scallions, jalapeños, garlic & almonds.
-Toss to coast, cover, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
-Purée the mixture in a Vitamix or high powered blender until very smooth.
-Transfer to a large bowl and season with salt, as needed.
-Ladle soup into bowls, drizzle with olive oil, and top with the remaining almonds.