- 16 oz. Gemelli pasta
- 1/2 lb. English peas, shelled
- 1/4 lb. snow peas, sliced diagonally
- 8-10 stalks of asparagus, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta (or mascarpone)
- 3-4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- grated ricotta salata, for finishing
-Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
-Shell the peas, and diagonally slice the snow peas and asparagus in 1/2 inch pieces.
-Add the Gemelli to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes less than the package suggests.
-Add the peas and asparagus and cook the pasta and vegetables for an additional 2 minutes.
-Remove from heat, drain, and return to the cooking pot.
-Drizzle 3 tbsp. olive oil over the pasta and vegetables and season with salt and ample pepper.
-Scoop in 1/4 cup of ricotta and mix until well distributed.
-Spoon the pasta onto plates and top with grated ricotta salata and freshly ground black pepper.
-Add a dollop or two of the remaining ricotta to the top of the pasta and enjoy immediately.
1911 Fillmore St.
San Francisco, CA