|~ My Chili (Re)creation (both pictured above) ~|
Serving Size: 2-3 generous portions (recipe can easily be doubled)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 10-oz red-skinned sweet potato, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 avocado (for garnish)
- Grated jack or white cheddar cheese (for garnish)
Heat olive oil in heavy medium sauce-pan over medium heat.
Add onion and sauté until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Then add garlic, both chili powders and the cocoa powder and stir 1 minute.
Add broth and potato and cover pan; reduce heat to medium and simmer until potato is almost tender, about 10 minutes.
Add tomatoes with their juices, corn, and black beans.
Simmer uncovered until chili thickens and potato is very tender, about 10 minutes.
Mix in cilantro, orange peel and a splash of chili sauce.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with avocado and cheese and serve with warm corn tortillas.