Thursday, July 2, 2015

Recipe Creation: Sweet Corn + Cherry Tomato + Basil Frittata






Summer produce is my favorite: peaches, tomatoes, corn.... corn.... corn. Did I say corn?  If you don't already know by now, I have a complete corn obsession.  I would happily eat an ear a day, and often do.  As much as I love it straight off the cob, I also enjoy experimenting with corn and tossing it into different dishes.  This frittata is one such example and I'm thrilled with how it turned out.  Each forkful tastes like a bite of summer.  I also love this dish because it can be served for any meal and it's very baby + toddler friendly.  It's a one dish delight.  Enjoy!

Serves: 2-4

Ingredients:

  • 6 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes
  • 3-4 basil leaves, torn
  • 1 ear corn, cut off cob
  • Parmesan, freshly grated
  • salt & pepper, to taste
  • olive oil (for greasing)

Directions:

-Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a 9-inch pie dish with olive oil.
-In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and add the water.
-Add the corn, tomatoes and basil to the pie dish and pour in the eggs.
-Season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
-Remove from heat and sprinkle with parmesan while still warm.
-Let cool, slice + serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment