Thursday, May 29, 2014

Recipe Creation: Homemade Maple Almond Butter





I ran out of Justin's Maple Almond Butter this morning.  This wouldn't be such a big deal if I were not completely OBSESSED with almond butter and consider it a staple to my breakfast routine.  Luckily, I had the ingredients on hand to improvise.  I threw dry roasted almonds, a pinch of salt, and a dash of maple syrup into my Vitamix and voila! I made myself some pretty darn delicious homemade almond butter.  Feel free to add canola oil as you like.  Depending on your individual preference, you can omit the oil for a thicker, slightly drier butter, or add a few tbsp. of canola oil for a slightly thinner, more spreadable consistency.  I added about 2 tbsp. canola oil and that was the perfect amount for me.  I think I just saved myself from my Justin's $14.99 a jar habit!

Makes about 1 1/2 cup

Ingredients

  • 2 cups dry roasted almonds
  • 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup
  • *Optional: 1-3 tbsp. canola oil

Directions:

-Place the almonds and salt in a food processor or Vitamix.
-Start the processor on low and gradually increase speed  
-The almonds will turn from solid to a thick paste.
-You may need to use the tamper press on your Vitamix to redistribute.
-If using a food processor, you can pause and use a spatula to redistribute.
-Add the maple syrup (and canola oil, if using) and continue to blend.
-Once creamy and well-blended, transfer to an air-tight container or mason jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment