- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
- 1 2-lb. butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 8-10. oz. Ancient Harvest quinoa linguini
- 1/4 cup shaved Pecorino, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt & pepper, to taste
-Heat oil in a large skillet and cook bacon until crisp on both sides.
-Add sage and toss to coat, then transfer bacon and sage to a paper towel to cool.
-Add squash, garlic and onion to the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
-Cook until the onion is translucent, about 8-10 minutes, and add the broth.
-Bring to a boil & reduce heat to a simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until squash is soft.
-Puree in a blender and return the sauce to the skillet.
-Meanwhile, cook linguini in a large pot of salted boiling water.
-Cook linguini until al dente, about 6-8 minutes, and drain.
-Place linguini in the skillet with the sauce & cook over medium heat, about 2 minutes.
-Mix in 1/4 cup Pecorino and serve topped with bacon, sage, and more shaved Pecorino.