Sunday, October 7, 2018

Recipe Creation: Cauliflower Crust Pizza with Sage Pesto + Acorn Squash + Goat Cheese


 


This was my first time experimenting with cauliflower crust pizza and I'm already a huge fan. I actually found the crust pre-made at Trader Joe's, but I also know Cali'flour Foods makes a good one. I love sage and pesto so I decided to use sage as the base for my pesto and the flavors work so well with the squash. I also think you could easily top this pizza with prosciutto for little added protein. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 1 cauliflower pizza crust
  • 2/3 cup sage leaves, torn
  • 2 tbsp. pine puts
  • 2 tsp. nutritional yeast or finely grated parmesan
  • 1 acorn squash, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • goat cheese
  • salt

Directions:

-Preheat oven to 350 degree F and line a baking sheet with foil.
-Add squash, 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt and roast for 15 minutes.
-Meanwhile, toss the sage and pine nuts in a food processor to combine.
-Slowly blend in 2 tbsp. olive oil and add the nutritional yeast (or parmesan).
-Season with salt, to taste, and set aside.
-Remove squash from the oven and let cool. 
-Follow direction for your cauliflower crust and bake until crispy.
-Spread on the sage pesto, and top with goat cheese and squash.
-Set the oven to broil and return the pizza to the oven for a few more minutes.
-Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment