Sunday, January 21, 2018

Recipe (Re)creation: "Healthy" Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies




I am on such a cookie kick at the moment. I love finding recipes that are "healthy," fast, and enjoyed by all members of my family. This recipe ticks all the boxes. I stumbled upon the original recipe here and made a few tweeks to fit my tastes.  I just love that these cookies are packed with chia and flax seeds so they are choc full of fiber, protein and healthy fats, but taste perfectly indulgent. I decreased the sweetness of the cookie, but if you like your cookies sweet, then by all means up it 1/2 cup coconut sugar.  I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as my little fam does :)

Makes: 18-20 Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup almond butter
  • 1/3 cup coconut sugar
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp. sea salt
  • 2 tbsp. chia seeds
  • 2 tbsp. flax seeds
  • 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
  • Maldon sea salt, for finishing

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • Mix almond butter, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs in a standing mixer. 
  • Mix until well combined. 
  • Add the salt, chia seeds, flax seeds, and mini chocolate chips.
  • Blend again to combine all ingredients evenly. 
  • Scoop spoonfuls of dough into your baking sheet and flatten with your thumb.
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms begin to get golden brown.
  • Sprinkle the top of each cookie with Maldon sea salt, to taste.
  • Allow to cool and transfer to a cooking rack. 
  • Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment