Friday, January 16, 2015

Recipe Creation: Honeyed Grapefruit Brûlée




I recently got a dozen grapefruits gifted to me and have been racking my brain for creative ways to use all of this gorgeous fruit.  I came across this blog and was thrilled by the idea of caramelizing the top of the grapefruit.  This is hardly a recipe since it's so straightforward, but I wanted to make sure I cataloged it so I would remember this easy way to turn a grapefruit into a tasty little work of art.

Serves 2

Ingredients:

  • 1 grapefruit, halved
  • honey
  • groung cinnamon

Directions:
-Preheat the broiler and cut your grapefruit in half.
-Slather each grapefruit half with honey and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
-Place under the broiler for 5-6 minutes, or until caramelized and beginning to brown.
-Enjoy for breakfast, a snack, or for a nice light dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment