Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Restaurant (Re)creation: Kokkari's Watermelon Salad with Pine Nuts, Feta + Basil




This salad is amazingly simple and refreshing (not to mention, BEAUTIFUL). Watermelon is in season right now and this salad is the perfect way to showcase it. Kokkari nailed this recipe with the salty feta, touch of basil and crunchy pine nuts. You can also swap the basil for mint if you prefer. Either way, you can't go wrong!

Serves 6

Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 lbs watermelon, chilled
  • 1/4 lb Greek feta cheese
  • 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
  • 3 fresh basil leaves, torn
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • Optional- freshly ground pepper

Directions:

-Cut the watermelon into 1-inch cubes and arrange on a serving platter.
-Crumble feta all over the watermelon.
-Sprinkle with pine nuts and torn basil.
-Drizzle with olive oil and top with a twist of freshly ground pepper.
-Serve immediately.

Kokkari
200 Jackson Street
San Francisco, CA
(415) 981-0983
www.kokkari.com


1 comment:

  1. A guy who is a chef that I know from the Dog Park gave me this same recipe today to take to a get together. I asked him what was quick and easy as I am not good in the Kitchen. I couldn't remember if he said basil or thyme so I bought both. I guess it is basil. His Restaurant is in SF so maybe the same recipe.
    Joe

    ReplyDelete