Thursday, May 15, 2014

Recipe Creation: Coconut + Almond Butter Milkshake


I don't know about you, but there is nothing more refreshing to me than an ice cold milkshake on a hot day.  I have recently discovered that I am completely obsessed with almond butter.  Like crazy obsessed. I have it at least twice a day (and blame it on pregnancy cravings). Anyhow, I figured nothing could be better than drinking my favorite food in the form of a frothy, creamy, and refreshing treat!  I decided to do some research, found a few versions on blogs I liked, and made a few changes.  Voila- liquid perfection!  Plus, it has healthy fat, fiber, and protein in it so it's totally a health food.  At least that is what I tell myself ; )

Serves 2

Ingredients:

  • 5 large dates, pitted
  • 1 14 oz. can of light coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup almond butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 cups ice
  • (*optional- add Stevia, to taste)

Directions:

-In a high-powered blender or Vitamix, add all of your ingredients.
-Blend until smooth and creamy.
-Pour in two tall glasses and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment