- 12 oz. canned cannellini beans
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 28-ounce can tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 3 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup kale, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan (optional)
-In a large soup pot, heat the oil on medium heat.
-Next, sauté the onion, leeks, celery and zucchini for about 5-7 minutes.
-Pour in the water and chicken broth and add the beans.
-Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
-Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for another 15 minutes.
-Lastly, add the kale and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
-Add salt to taste and ladle into soup bowls.
-Top with a generous dallop of pesto and sprinkle with shaved parmesan.