Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Recipe Creation: Mexican Street Corn Crostini



I have a total obsession with corn and I always have bittersweet feelings about this time of year.  As much as I love fall and winter vegetables, I know this is my last chance to get fresh corn.  Since the season is coming to an end, I figured I needed to take advantage of these last few weeks of availability.  This recipe puts the deliciousness of Mexican street corn right on a perfectly grilled slice of ciabatta.  A perfect marriage of flavors, and just in time!

Makes 12

Ingredients:
  • 2 ears of corn, shucked
  • 1/4 cup light sour cream
  • 5 tbsp queso fresco
  • Ciabatta, sliced
  • Chili powder
  • Olive oil
  • Vegetable oil
  • 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
  • 1 lime, quartered
  • Salt & Pepper


Directions:

-Preheat grill to medium.

-Rub corn with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.

-Grill until slightly browned, but still firm.  Cut the corn off the cob in chunks.

-Meanwhile, brush ciabatta slices with olive oil and grill until toasted.

-Mix the sour cream with 3 tablespoons of queso fresco.

-Smear the mixture on each slice of grilled ciabatta.

-Top each slice with grilled corn, a pinch of chili powder and a little cilantro.

-Sprinkle with extra queso fresco, salt & pepper, and a squeeze of lime.

¡Que Rico!



No comments:

Post a Comment