Serves 4-6 (as an appetizer)
- 4 medium sized Japanese eggplants
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 basket cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green olives
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh burrata (optional)
- 1/2 lemon wedge, squeezed
- Olive oil, for roasting
- Salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Meanwhile, peel eggplants, leaving some stripes and cut into 1 inch cubes.
Toss with olive oil and season with salt a pepper.
Roast the eggplant cubes on a baking sheet for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
Meanwhile, cut celery into 1/3 inch cubes and cook in boiling water for two minutes.
Remove celery, strain it, and let it cool.
Toss the eggplant, celery, tomatoes, capers, olives, and pine nuts together with with white balsamic vinegar.
Top with fresh burrata and season with salt and pepper.
Serve with toasted bread or simply eat it on its own!
1199 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA