Makes 12 muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder (Valrhona is best)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chip
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Fleur de sel (optional)
-Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, grease a muffin tin (or insert paper muffin cups).
-Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, sugar and 3/4 cup of chocolate chips together in a large bowl.
-In a smaller bowl, whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
-Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and combine.
-Scoop the batter into the muffin tins equally and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top.
-Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the muffins have risen and cooked through.
-Serve warm and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
Mmmm mmmm good.